Another travel post by the kids on their travels in Australia! This is really starting to become a family travel blog now 🙂 Earlier at the start of our two month road trip in Australia, Shahaar wrote about his experience hiking at Freycinet National Park, Tasmania. Here Shama picked a few of the pictures she took with her new Nikon Coolpix S33 – shock proof and water proof – it was one of the best travel accessories she could have bought with her saved pocket money (with a little bit of help from the parents.)
All pictures taken by Shama except the last one. Everything written and typed by her as well. In the past she has done some nature based art posts which were lovely. I am happy to publish some of her writing as well. Over to our eight year old monkey girl now 😀
Hi my name is Shama. I am doing a picture post with photos I hav e taken with my camera. I have recently just bought my own camera to take photos on our Australian road trip! I will be posting 8 photos on this post. They will all have a small amount of writing to go with each one.
- This is a photo of a cricket that my mum (Samiya) found on the ground. I took a video to match the photo. It is of an olive, green looking cricket with black spots all over his back but he had so many dots that he could actually be black with green spots.
2. This is a photo of a lake. As you can see it is a cloudless day with a peaceful calm lake and dark green lush mountains. A few rocks are in the front some rocks are in the lake. My dad told me that there are trout and salmon in the lake. We are having lunch in the rocks behind. This is at Alpine National Park.
3. This is my family. My brother is the one with the blue sunglasses and the blue coat. He, me, my mum (Samiya) and my dad (Ashique) are all doing the Australian road trip for two months. We did a hike near a lake so we stopped to eat lunch.
4. This is a photo of an aqueduct that sort of followed us through our walk. We saw one fish in it. There are little bushy islands in the aqueduct. The islands came in all shapes and sizes. When I say island I mean bushes floating in the aqueducts.
5. This is a photo of a lovely forest with lots of lush green bushes and trees. What is interesting about this photo is that it has a miniature rainbow in the front and a little bit of pink and purple in the corner.
6. This is a photo of a snow white pelican with a few black feathers on the edge of its wing. This photo comes with a video(not published yet). The pelican has a flap of skin beneath his beak. The flap of skin extends so it can hold fish.
7. This is a photo of a kangaroo that came up to sniff our hands. This was one curious kangaroo! It lumbered forwards towards us it had a lovely ,long tail , a shiny black nose and soft leathery skin. (It is actually a wallaby.)
8. This photo is of a pitch black ray – if you look closely at the edges you can see hundreds of tiny fish. This is in Narooma, New South Wales. This ray would glide through the water and flap its wings.
This is a photo inside our campervan. I love how our seats turn into a table and the table turns into a bed so it is a triple amount of fun with Britz! 1 negative and 10 billion positives but other than the mozzys this is the perfect life. I love gazing at the stars at night finding Orion’s Belt ad many other stars and constellations.
Hope you have enjoyed Shama’s photography and writing 🙂 Feel free to leave feedback for her in comments!